Freitag, 28. August 2009

some useless work?

We finished more piece of shuttering formwork … but seems this wasn't necessary?!? According to our concrete wizards, we don't need all these segments, but rather do it in one go. At least it looks nice, and you can imagine the final shape a little better now ;-)

Donnerstag, 27. August 2009

mesh and some shuttering formwork

After yesterdays rain and a cloudy morning I went to grab more material: wood for the shuttering formwork. My mate Philipp came over from Imst at about midday to help out, and we could finish the first bits with the iron mesh - a very important factor for the concrete mould.

Tomorrow we’ll try to finish more segments, so we can start with the concrete next week …

Mittwoch, 26. August 2009

with a little help from Tyrol …

Today Alex (from Cradle Skatepark/13 Weizen) showed up to support me with know-how and manual help – thanks dude! So we worked on getting the shape right to do all the shuttering formwork tomorrow.

Finally the plattforms look like plattforms, the transitions are pretty close to the right radius and we can start with the concrete next week (hopefully) … if the weather stays ok. But actually it did start to rain today, so we'll see!

Dienstag, 25. August 2009

Mounting the coping … yeah!

dieter krebernik
Thanks to my incredible Dad we mounted the coping within a day on location!

He came with the old family truck (anyone remembering that tour?) full of metal, we unloaded, leveled, welded and fixed everything … so hopefully starting tomorrow with the metal mesh and the transitions!

Plus thanks to Stefan who helped us on site today, helping hands are always welcome ;-)

Sonntag, 23. August 2009

Plywood Transitions

Before fixing the coping, we cut a couple of transition bits with the right radius … they will be needed as soon as we start with the concrete. Thanks to Alois Buchsteiner who helped us with these, always handy to have a carpenter supporting you with his equipment ;-)

So the mould will not be too steep, and it will casting the character easier!

Freitag, 21. August 2009

Next step: rolling the coping

The next thing to do in order to keep going is getting a proper coping for the bowl. Ok, maybe I should stop talking about a bowl, as it's still a mould for a statue – therefore we don't really need one. Still, I'm getting one, just in case someone might skate the mould ;-)

Thanks Dad for getting the steel, rolling the pieces, welding them, etc. – we couldn't do without your help!

Mittwoch, 19. August 2009

Helping Hands from the UK arrived!

Yeahhh, Nick arrived today to help (thanks dude!!!), and we got the first full truckload of building material from Baustoffwerk Harml – so the project hit the next level!

Leveling out the flat today, and we tried to find where the table needs to be fixed. More building will happen tomorrow, as Dad is working on the coping at the moment ;-)

Dienstag, 18. August 2009

I'm shakin’, I'm shakin’

Have you ever tried using a Rammax in a flatbottom with about 80cm of dirt/stones on a 1m diameter metall water pipe underneath? I did, and it feels like a permanent earthquake. So today had a lot of good vibrations … haha!

Thanks to Rupert Schneider for helping me out with this machine!

An important helping hand will arrive tomorrow, Nick from Rawstudio is coming over from London to help for a couple of days … yeah!

Montag, 17. August 2009

a fast day of diggin'

Wow, what a day. Thanks to my man Fritz aka. Bagger Freak we had a big day today. 12h diggin' on site, and it was totally worth it – the first time the construction site looks like a project, not a flat space!

We managed to get down the basic shape of the mould (or bowl - whatever suits you better) and if everything works in that pace – fair enough ;-)

And thanks a load to Jürgen Grüßer for helping us up with the digger (not even mentioning the free Diesel here!) and Christian Ebner from Bauhof Radstadt for his support – very important helping hand!

Freitag, 14. August 2009

trucks full of dirt

After a day of cleaning the site (bushes, trees, trunks) I got the some loads of back-dirt. We'll use that material next week to set up the basic shape for the bowl, before getting the base isolation in …

Thanks to Reiter Erdbau and Baumeister Heigl vor supplying the project!

Montag, 10. August 2009

First bowl layout, you get the idea

Ok, delays are always up in the air, thanks to a busy July in Vienna I just started with getting the timerable straight. So the last weekend was the next step, cutting down some bushes and trees, and painting the outlines to check if everything will work out dimension-wise.

Talked to a load of people the last days about material, fixing helping hands etc, and it looks as if we can really start soon!